Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Few Updates

Okay, so my promise to blog at least 2-3 times a week has recently fell by the wayside. I feel terrible about this, but I have had so much going on that I've barely had time to sleep - let alone blog. However, I am on a mission to get this blog back in the shape I had envisioned it to be in.

I have had some exciting new developments in my business lately. I finally got my freelance writing website up and going and landed my first client within a week of publishing it online. I am also staying busy by helping other freelance writers with their overflow. I have to say that I am still really enjoying this new venture of mine. My plans are to let it grow and by the time my son is in school, I will be able to start doing this more full-time instead of going back to a traditional job.

Also, big news for my family and I is that we are expecting to add a Bichon Frise puppy to our family in late July 2010. I know - that seems like a long time off, but after our experience with our first Bichon and his poor breeding, which led to health problems, we have decided to do it right this time and go through a reputable breeder. We finally found one who is planning a future breeding with a male from JR's bloodlines (the bichon that won Westiminster) and a female whose parents, both of them, come from Brazilian champion bloodlines. The best part is that the price for the puppies is actually lower then what we had budgeted for! So, we have reserved a puppy from this litter...now all we have to do is wait.

We are very excited to be adding another Bichon to our family. When we had Casper, although he had numerous health problems, we fell in love with this breed. The Bichon is such a happy breed who loves being around people. They are non-shedding and don't have the "dog smell" like most other breeds. My husband and I got very spoiled by having a house dog that didn't shed or have the dog smell - so now, it is a requirement for a house dog. They can be an expensive breed to maintain though as they require regular grooming and can have allergies. However, if you've ever owned a Bichon Frise, then you know it is all worth it!

Well, so there you have it. That's what has been going on around here lately. I am actually thinking about starting a couple of niche blogs - if I can ever find the time for that. :) The two niche blogs I would like to start are about cooking and the world of freelance writing. Of course, they will have to be updated regularly and assuming I will do that, what do you think?

No comments: