Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wow - Time Has Flown!

In the week and a half since I last blogged, there has been quite a bit of excitement around here. The Monday before Thanksgiving my parents, son and I went on a road trip to visit my brother and his wife as they were expecting their first child. They induced, but the little guy wasn't ready to come yet. So, after a full day at the hospital and 1 night in a hotel we came back home to prepare for the Thanksgiving festivities.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. My husband was able to be home (he works in the oil field) on Thanksgiving day and not work, which made it even better. Of course, what would Thanksgiving be without doing a little Black Friday shopping? I was ready to go shopping with my mother at 3 am, but my son had other plans. The poor guy started running a 104 degree fever at 1:30 am. Luckily we got it down after tylenol and a lukewarm bath, but he didn't get back to sleep until 2:30 am. So, I called my mom and cancelled our 3 am shopping trip. However, we did go at 8 am and I was still able to find the bargains I was looking for. My husband will be so excited on Christmas morning when he sees his gift!

We were also able to take advantage of the beautiful Thanksgiving day weather and put up our Christmas lights and set up our tree. My house is officially ready for Christmas now. Last year we were smart and invested in a pre-lit tree (after the holidays of course - when they were on sale!)....I have to tell you that I'm already thinking it was the best purchase we've ever made! You talk about saving some serious time...a pre-lit tree is the way to go! After my son went to bed, my husband and I decorated the tree and were actually able to sit and enjoy it for the rest of the evening. Ever since the next morning, I have been chasing my 2 yr. old around with the ornaments. What would Christmas be without a little bit of chaos though?

Well, tonight my brother and his wife had their first baby - a healthy baby boy! So, I am now officially an Aunt. It amazes me how God's timing works everything out. It was hard when we lost my grandmother before Thanksgiving, but with the birth of this new baby our hearts are beginning to fill with happiness again. :) So, that is what has been going on around here the past 2 weeks. I hope your holidays are looking to be as promising as ours!

1 comment:

jenicoe2001 said...

Hi! jenicoe2001 from eHow! Terific blog! I followed you on here, would you follow me too? Merry Christmas!! :)