Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife





I have to rave about the book that I just finished reading! It is none other than The Time Traveler's Wife. The same book that the movie is based off of. I was debating about reading the book when I saw the previews for the movie, but decided to get the book after hearing from friends what a great book it was. I have to say that I was not disappointed!

For those of you who have not heard about this book, it is about a man's inability to stay in the present. He is always unwillingly being taken from the present into the past. When he is time traveling, his wife is left with a pile of clothes and has no idea where he is or what he is doing. A lot of the time he is with her back in the past. Towards the end of the book, Henry's time travels become more and more dangerous and he is trying to find a cure for his "disease" before it is to late. That is all I am going to tell you - you will have to read the book for yourself or go and watch the movie to find out how it ends.

I am an avid reader and I love books that get me thinking about all kinds of issues - and this book did that for me. It was such a touching love story, that often had me in tears. By the end of the book, I had a new appreciation for the way my life is. I've often thought, "I wish I could go back and change that," but it never occured to me that going back in time could actually be a curse, especially if you couldn't change anything. Even traveling in the future could be a curse. I don't think I would want to know how or when I die, because as every day brings that day closer I would become more and more depressed.

If you have not read this book and like to read out-of-the-ordinary romances, then this book will not disappoint you. I am definately going to have to keep this one so I can go back and re-visit Henry and Clare from time to time.

No comments: