Monday, January 11, 2010

On Hold...

So, last Thursday I found out we were going to be getting our new little puppy this Wednesday. I have to tell you, I really was excited! Well, today I received a call from the breeder informing me that the her Vet is on vacation until next Monday - so, we won't be able to get her until next week. Probably on Friday. Why? Well, when you are shipping a dog you have to have a vet check them over within 10 days of their flight.

Initially, I was pretty upset that I have to wait another WHOLE week, but now, I'm okay with it. This gives me just a little more time to decide on a new name for her. My husband grew up a "farm kid" and I was a "tom boy" - so, neither one of us were estatic with the name "Barbie." Since, last Thursday I have been scouring the internet for name ideas. I have one in mind that I love, and I really think looks like her - and naturally, it was not one I found on the internet. No, instead, I thought of it while laying in bed one night.

I'm thinking about the name "Sophie." What do you think? My husband likes this name - so no worries there. I feel 97% confident that this is the name for her, but just to be on the safe side, I'm still looking at other names to make sure there isn't anything I like better. I actually feel like I'm pregnant again, looking at name after name after name, making sure I find the perfect one for her....

No comments: