Sunday, September 20, 2009

BBQ Pork Chops


We are less than a week away from October! I love October and the cool weather that it brings. The cool weather lifts my spirits and I often find myself in a cooking frenzy - at least twice a week. I have to admit though, part of this is because I LOVE my crockpot and throughout the colder months I am in the mood to use it even more. I love the fact that I can just mix up all of the ingredients together in the morning, set the temperature setting, and 7-8 hours later (or sooner depending on what I'm cooking) dinner is ready! Not to mention the wonderful aromas that slowly begin to drift throughout my home all day as a result!

Well, today you are in for a treat. I am in the mood to share with you one of my favorite recipes: BBQ Pork Chops!

What you will need:
4-6 Pork Chops, trimmed of fat
1 C. Ketchup
1 C. Hot Water
2 T. Vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. paprika

What you do with it:

1. In a small mixing bowl, combine ketchup, hot water, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, chili powder and paprika. Stir until well mixed.

2. Place pork chops in crockpot

3. Cover. Cok on high 5-6 hours.

4. If necessary, cut in half and serve. Most of the time the meat is so tender it will fall apart easily.

As with all the recipes I love, the best part about it is that it's EASY! The prep. time is only 5-10 minutes and then I'm done until dinnertime! Plus, it has an amazing flavor to it! Try it out - I promise you'll love it!

*I found this recipe in the Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker cookbook.

No comments: