Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Action Scrubber To The Rescue!


Okay ladies I have to write to you about a wonderful product I have discovered. I actually discovered it several months ago before I started my blog - but every time I use it, I get all excited about it again. So, I'm going to put my excitement to rest here and now by informing all of you about it! Hopefully somebody out there will benefit from my discovery.


Okay, well as you know I am a stay at home mom and I am proud to be one! I couldn't ask for a better job to have. It would be even more perfect if I got paid for what I did. I'm pretty sure I just heard an "Amen!" coming from your side of the monitor. While I bring a lot of great qualities to this business of being a SAHM there is one quality that I just simply do not have. That is the love for organization - in my mind under that HUGE category falls cleaning. I just do not enjoy cleaning! And mom, if you are reading this I'm sorry, but I have to blame you for this one.



For those of you who don't know, my mother cleaned houses all throughout my youth so that she could have the flexibility to attend school events and be home for my brother and I when we got out of school. And, now that I am a mother, I appreciate that more and more every day! Of course, back in high school when everyone was able to go and hang out with friends and I had to come straight home to do chores and homework I didn't appreciate it...but, now I am so thankful that she made that sacrifice for us. But, back to the house cleaning business...during the summers my mom continued to clean houses and of course that meant that my brother and I had to come along with her and help. I was usually in charge of cleaning windows, bathrooms, vacuuming and occassionally dusting here and there. Nothing really bothered me that much - except for the bathrooms - I HATED the bathrooms.


Everyone has a household chore they dislike doing whether it be the dishes, laundry, taking out the trash - well for me it's STILL the bathrooms. So, naturally that is what gets put off the longest before getting cleaned. Once I get started, it's not a huge problem, but it's just getting motivated to get in there and get it done. And the thing I hate to clean the most is the shower. I just hate the routine of getting the sponge wet, wetting a section of the wall, sprinkling it with comet (or whatever it is at the time), scrubbing, rinsing and then repeating the whole process until finally I have finished the shower and tub. I'm sure I'm not the only woman out there who feels this way.


Okay, now enter my own personal miracle cleaner....drum roll please.....the Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber! Out of all the little cleaning gagets out there - this one is my favorite by far. This little thing is so easy to use that if it were a Geico commercial we could say "even a caveman can do it." Basically, it's just a foam handle that has a velcro bottom that attaches to a soap pad. Once attached, you get it wet and just start scrubbing - the pad provides all the soap. It literally has worked wonders for me. I don't feel like I am scrubbing nearly as hard trying to remove the dirt and soap scum off the shower. Once I'm done, I just peel off the wet soap pad and throw it away! It's as easy as that! The best part is that I don't have to store that yucky sponge!


I know it sounds pretty silly, but now when I decide to clean the bathroom I do not have a sense of dread about scrubbing the shower. The Action Scrubber has made that part of my bathroom cleaning a breeze. If you haven't tried this product out then next time you are in WalMart go to the cleaning aisle and pick one up. I promise you will not be disappointed! Happy Cleaning Ladies!

No comments: