Monday, September 14, 2009

My Great Escape


As a woman, I am always trying to balance a million things in one hand while trying take care of all the things that "pop up" during my already hectic days in the other! I know I am not the only one out there who has experienced this sensation. After a long and stressful day, I look forward to that one moment where I am able to escape from it all. Some of you may be guessing that moment is when I finally drag my weary bones to bed, but surprise, that isn't it. It's MY bathtime!

I discovered this wonderful thing years ago while I was still in high school. I quickly found that it was the only time when I was able to "escape" from homework, chores, and so much more. It is probably the one habit that I made all those years ago, that I have actually kept around. My husband will tell you that this time is the only time when it is forbidden to disturb me, and if you do, the house better be on fire. Consider yourself warned.

It is my time to put my head back and kick up my heals and to think about whatever I like...undisturbed! During this time, I will usually meditate on things that happened throughout the day, briefly think about my agenda for the next day, and then there are the nights when I just take a short cat-nap. The point is that it is my own personal time away from all things stressful. There is only one rule when I go into that bathroom: Relax! By the time I return from "The Great Escape," I feel like a completely different woman and amazingly, my shoulders feel so much lighter.

When is the last time you experienced this? Contrary to popular belief, you don't actually have to have perfect lighting, candles, bath oil or even bubbles. In fact, the majority of my baths consist of me and the steaming hot water. I think every woman, especially us mothers, need this time by ourselves just to unwind.


No comments: