Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 New Food Favs!

Okay, so I know that summertime is the time when we all (yes, I am too) go on a diet, and many of us don't like to discuss food while we're dieting. Well, I'm doing it anyways! Mainly because I've found two great healthy food choices for those of us who are dieting!

The first, I actually found a while back but the more I eat it, the more I love it! This is the Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees. The one I actually had today was the Portabella Spinach Parmesan. These yummy meals have no preservatives in them and are made with extra virgin olive oil, thus eliminating partially hydrogenated oils! Another great fact is that the pasta is whole grain pasta which provides me fiber. Oh, and the meal I ate today only had 270 calories with 5 grams of fiber, 12 grams of protein and only 2 grams of sugar!
 Okay, so the next great food find I have for you was discovered last night while I was evaluating the new Greek Yogurt at WalMart. The Greek Yogurt is actually pretty good, but I found another kind of yogurt I thought I'd share with you. This is the new Fiber One Yogurt! Maybe it's been out for a while, I don't know because my yogurt consumption comes and goes in stages - right now I happen to be on a yogurt kick. So if you happen to have already discovered this, then feel free to quit reading. Anyways, the reason I'm pretty excited about this yogurt is that it has 5 grams of fiber, 4 grams of sugar and 3 grams of protein...but, the best part is it only has 50 calories! So, it makes great breakfast or even a perfect light snack!
So, there you have it. My two new favorite diet foods for summer! They're both easy and quick and can be eaten without a sense of guilt. Plus, they're healthy and actually taste great! If you haven't tried them, then you should give them a chance next time you walk by them at the grocery store.

No comments: